Residential moving can be a daunting, overwhelming task to take on. One way to avoid the pitfalls of moving day is to hire a residential moving company. Local homeowners and buyers have been entrusting 1st Choice Movers for years with all of their residential moving needs in Ramsey County. We are here to help your move go as smoothly as possible and would like to provide a few tips, tricks and supplies essential to the big day. With preparation comes the promise of an easier day. The following is a set of tips that can help make your move an altogether smoother process for you and your family.
- Create and follow a budget. In addition to the cost of hiring a residential moving company, make sure to budget for other smaller elements of your move. Some of these may include boxes, bubble wrap, storage services, gas, pet or child care—really any costs that may arise related to your move.
- When it comes to residential moving, keep a printed list, folder or digital file to help ensure proper organization for moving day. Stow away important paperwork, business cards and notes. Staying organized keeps all that you need in one place, ridding you of worry and the potential for panic.
- A couple of days before your move, consider heading over to the new dwelling to do any prep work. Clean, put some food and drink in the house—get any advance work out of the way to ease the burden of the big day itself.
- Keep some extra empty boxes around. You may have forgotten to clean out under the bathroom sink or the small closet right beside it. Times like these, extra boxes (and packing tape) are invaluable.
- You might need to do some quick cleaning on moving day, so having a multi-purpose cleaner around is helpful as well.
- Even if you were done packing before your residential moving team arrived, you still might want to have a permanent marker or two on hand. You might notice that you forgot to label a box or another item and having a marker ready for this task can make it a bit less frustrating and time-consuming.
- Don’t forget to leave a spare roll of toilet paper in your bathroom, and be sure to have a roll or two of paper towels too. Spills and accidents happen, so it makes those situations a lot less stressful if the paper towels are easy to find.
- Not only are trash bags good to have one lying around so people have somewhere to throw their trash but they are also good to carry items in, including softer items you might have to pack at the last minute, like bedding or towels.
Ready to get started preparing for your move? For more information on how to hire our residential moving team in Ramsey County, call us at 1st Choice Movers at 763-559-5934 or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.