Spring is here and moving season is just around the corner. The spring and summer are the most popular times of year for both home buying and moving. So with home-buying season soon to be in full swing, the residential moving experts for Minneapolis would like to offer some helpful tips to help prepare for your upcoming move.
- First of all, if you’re planning on moving between Memorial Day and Labor Day and you haven’t begun planning; don’t waste any more time! Start planning your upcoming move today. Start getting estimates from your local residential moving companies and get your move on their schedule right away. After all, the increased demand for dependable moving services – including professional movers, and self-storage facilities – can cause gridlock and pose challenges if not scheduled far ahead of time. Waiting until the last minute limits your options and may mean that you won’t be able to hire a reputable mover on the date you choose.
- Next, create a budget and stick to it. In addition to the cost of hiring a residential moving company, budget for other, lesser expenses such as boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, storage services, gas—anything cost that may arise related to your move.
- Also, remember to be flexible! Most people prefer moving at the beginning or end of the month, as most rent and mortgage payments are due on the first. But if you can move in the middle of the month, you have a much better chance of landing the mover you want. And, at 1st Choice Movers, we even offer mid-month discounts!
- It can also be helpful to keep a notebook or digital file or even just a list on your phone help ensure proper organization for moving day. You should also stow away important paperwork, business cards and notes. Staying organized keeps all that you need in one place, ridding your of worry that and the potential for panic.
- A couple of days before the move, you should consider heading over the new dwelling to any prep work that is needed. Clean, put some food and drink in the house and get any advance work out of the way to ease the burden of the big day.
And, these are just some of the things you can do to prepare for your peak season move! For more information on our residential moving company in Minneapolis, call 1st Choice Movers at 763-559-5934 or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.