1st Choice Movers, a professional moving company that serves the Ramsey County area, has a few tips to help you with your moving preparation. If you follow these tips, they will help ensure that your move is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Make sure that all of your desks, dressers, end tables and bookshelves are completely empty. This will help reduce the weight of your furniture and will ensure there is no structural damage to the furniture. (1st Choice Movers will take care of this step for you if you want!)
- Properly disassemble any item of furniture that should be disassembled. Take the time to completely take apart any and all beds, take mirrors off of dressers and take the legs off of tables and pack them so they won’t be damaged. This will help save time and help out your movers.
- 1st Choice Movers provides free wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap and stretch wrap. You can get these from the moving team on your moving day. Wardrobe boxes will help keep your clothing clean and rip-free when it’s time to move.
- Be sure that all driveways and walkways are clear of any snow and ice, and make sure that all hallways are totally clear of debris, furniture and boxes.
- Remember, 1st Choice Movers (and other professional moving companies) are not allowed to move flammable and combustible items like paint, gasoline, etc. Customers should also be prepared to move their own money, jewelry and firearms too.
If you follow these simple tips, you can rest assured that your move will be quick and stress-free. Taking the time and effort to do all of these tasks can help you save money and time on your move, and it will also ensure that the moving team, you and your family are all as safe as possible.