When you are planning on a move, there is a lot to think about. Sure, you found a new house or apartment to move into, but there’s still much to be done before you are fully moved in. But residential moving in Washington County doesn’t have to be difficult! With some preparation on your part, you should have a smooth and stress-free moving day.
- Have a notebook or folder dedicated to your move. You can store paperwork, business cards and notes about your residential moving day in there. It’s nice and convenient to have all of the information you need in one place, and you won’t have to worry about panicking about finding something because you will already know where it is.
- Start planning your budget. You might already know how much your residential moving company is going to charge you, but you should also budget for other expenses, like boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, storage services, gas, etc. If you are going to board your pets during your move, then you should factor that into your budget too.
- Take the time to go to your local post office and fill out a change of address form. You can do this online too.
- Along the same lines, call your utility companies to make sure everything is set up for your new home. Have the electric company turn the electricity on the day before your residential moving team is set to move you. That way, if you need to run the heat or air conditioning to make the house comfortable, you will have a chance to do that.
- If possible, a day or two before you move in, go to your new house and do some prep work if it’s needed. Clean the areas that need to be cleaned and consider putting some snacks or lunch-type food into your fridge for moving day as well. That way, you will not have to worry about running out for food or having it delivered on your moving day. It will be one less thing you will have to think about and worry about.
- Take the time to draw up a floor plan of your new home, and start planning where your furniture will go. This will make it easier on you and your residential moving team to place heavy items of furniture in the correct room.
Are you interested in getting more details about residential moving in Washington County? Call 1st Choice Movers at 763-559-5934, or you can contact us to set up your Free Estimate.