Are you getting ready to move to a new Ramsey County house or apartment? Are you starting to feel just a bit stressed out about everything you have to do between now and then? 1st Choice Movers, a moving services company serving Ramsey County, has a few tips for you. We provide more than just moving services! Ramsey County and the surrounding areas have benefitted from our packing and unpacking services and the free use of wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap and stretch wrap and more. Here are a few suggestions to help alleviate some of the anxiety that comes with moving day and will help prepare for when your Ramsey County moving services company arrives.
- Take the time to declutter your Ramsey County home. The fewer items you have, the less stuff your moving services company has to move! And that will also help cut back on the amount of money you spend on your moving services company. Separate your items into three piles: keep, donate and throw away. If you’re not sure about an item, set it aside and come back to it in a few days. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used the item in six months, donate it or throw it out (unless it has sentimental value to you or a family member). There are plenty of charities to donate to in Ramsey County.
- When unplugging and packing electronics like your television or computer, label the cords so they are easier to hook up in your new Ramsey County home.
- Put all of your important papers in a lock box and move that box yourself. That way, you know exactly where it is and there is no chance of it getting lost by accident by the moving services you choose.
- Get a moving services binder. Include information about your Ramsey County moving services company, to-do lists, any packing lists, new phone numbers, etc. Keep this with your lock box.
- Color code or label every box. This will help alleviate any confusion your moving services company might have about where boxes go in your Ramsey County home. Even better, put the same color-coded sticker on the room’s door, if possible (without damaging the door’s paint or finish!), so that way there is a visual cue as to where the boxes should go.
- Make sure the walkway or driveway between the moving truck and your Ramsey County home is clear of all debris! This includes both the home you are moving out of and your new one. This will help ensure no one in your family or the moving services company trips over anything and gets injured or drops any of your precious belongings!
- Set aside a bag or two of essential items: a change of clothes or two, some pajamas, and basics like toothpaste and a toothbrush, soap, a roll or two of toilet paper, etc. This will help immediately after the moving services company departs from your Ramsey County home when you are too tired and worn out to go hunting for a comfy pair of PJs to change into.
For all of your moving services needs in Ramsey County and beyond, call 1st Choice Movers at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate.