Are you getting ready to move to a new Ramsey County house or apartment? Are you starting to feel just a bit stressed out about everything you have to do between now and then? 1st Choice Movers, a moving services company serving Ramsey County, has a few tips for you. We provide more than just moving services! Ramsey County and the surrounding areas have benefitted from our packing and unpacking services and the free use of wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap and stretch wrap and more. Here are a few suggestions to help alleviate some of the anxiety that comes with moving day and will help prepare for when your Ramsey County moving services company arrives.
- Take the time to declutter your Ramsey County home. The fewer items you have, the less stuff your moving services company has to move! And that will also help cut back on the amount of money you spend on your moving services company. Separate your items into three piles: keep, donate and throw away. If you’re not sure about an item, set it aside and come back to it in a few days. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used the item in six months, donate it or throw it out (unless it has sentimental value to you or a family member). There are plenty of charities to donate to in Ramsey County.
- When unplugging and packing electronics like your television or computer, label the cords so they are easier to hook up in your new Ramsey County home.
- Put all of your important papers in a lock box and move that box yourself. That way, you know exactly where it is and there is no chance of it getting lost by accident by the moving services you choose.
- Get a moving services binder. Include information about your Ramsey County moving services company, to-do lists, any packing lists, new phone numbers, etc. Keep this with your lock box.
- Color code or label every box. This will help alleviate any confusion your moving services company might have about where boxes go in your Ramsey County home. Even better, put the same color-coded sticker on the room’s door, if possible (without damaging the door’s paint or finish!), so that way there is a visual cue as to where the boxes should go.
- Make sure the walkway or driveway between the moving truck and your Ramsey County home is clear of all debris! This includes both the home you are moving out of and your new one. This will help ensure no one in your family or the moving services company trips over anything and gets injured or drops any of your precious belongings!
- Set aside a bag or two of essential items: a change of clothes or two, some pajamas, and basics like toothpaste and a toothbrush, soap, a roll or two of toilet paper, etc. This will help immediately after the moving services company departs from your Ramsey County home when you are too tired and worn out to go hunting for a comfy pair of PJs to change into.
For all of your moving services needs in Ramsey County and beyond, call 1st Choice Movers at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate.
1st Choice Movers, a professional moving company that serves the Ramsey County area, has a few tips to help you with your moving preparation. If you follow these tips, they will help ensure that your move is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Make sure that all of your desks, dressers, end tables and bookshelves are completely empty. This will help reduce the weight of your furniture and will ensure there is no structural damage to the furniture. (1st Choice Movers will take care of this step for you if you want!)
- Properly disassemble any item of furniture that should be disassembled. Take the time to completely take apart any and all beds, take mirrors off of dressers and take the legs off of tables and pack them so they won’t be damaged. This will help save time and help out your movers.
- 1st Choice Movers provides free wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap and stretch wrap. You can get these from the moving team on your moving day. Wardrobe boxes will help keep your clothing clean and rip-free when it’s time to move.
- Be sure that all driveways and walkways are clear of any snow and ice, and make sure that all hallways are totally clear of debris, furniture and boxes.
- Remember, 1st Choice Movers (and other professional moving companies) are not allowed to move flammable and combustible items like paint, gasoline, etc. Customers should also be prepared to move their own money, jewelry and firearms too.
If you follow these simple tips, you can rest assured that your move will be quick and stress-free. Taking the time and effort to do all of these tasks can help you save money and time on your move, and it will also ensure that the moving team, you and your family are all as safe as possible.
If you would like more information about 1st Choice Movers and the moving services we offer, feel free to give us a call at (763) 599-5934 or request a free estimate online.
Now that Halloween is over, everyone is starting to get into the holiday mindset. Thanksgiving is in a few weeks (so is Hannukah!), and Christmas will be here soon after that. But if you’re planning to move on or around one of these holidays, one of the best movers in Minnesota, 1st Choice Movers, has some tips to make your move go smoothly.
We are licensed and insured and certified with the Better Business Bureau, and we have satisfactory customer reviews. By choosing us, you’ll know you and your possessions are in good hands. We offer free on-site estimates.
Most people like to spend their free time during the holidays with their Minnesota friends and family, and you might be feeling a bit emotional because you’ll be “missing out” on the festivities. But you could always throw a Packing Party! Enlist the help of some close friends and family members and ask them to help you pack and get organized. Provide some yummy holiday-inspired treats and take plenty of breaks so it feels more like a party.
1st Choice Movers, one of Minnesota’s favorite movers, can help you with your Minnesota move. We have all of the equipment and supplies to make your move as safe and stress-free as possible. Give us a call today at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate.
Are you moving with children? If so, there are a few extra things you’ll have to take into consideration. Age is a big factor in their ability to participate throughout the move. It’s important to make them feel included in the moving process, but you can only expect so much. In this blog, we’re going to cover some basic tips for moving with children.
Discuss the Move
If the place you’re moving to is not close to your current residence, it’s important to have a discussion with your child about moving. Depending on their age, moving may be a difficult transition for them. Children love familiarity and are probably comfortable living where you do now. Provide with them with as much information as possible. Let them know how you’re going to keep them involved in the activities they love and in touch with the friends they know now.
Preparing for the Move
Preparing for the move may be easier said than done. Depending on the age of your child, you may have to assist them greatly in packing for the move. Let them do as much as they can. Provide them with boxes, markers, tape, etc. to show them they are an important part of the moving process. Start packing nonessential items as soon as possible, so you have more time to focus on the rest of the house as moving day approaches.
There are a couple of approaches you could take to moving day. You could have a family member or friend watch your child on the day of your move. It may be easier for you to concentrate on the move if your children aren’t present. Or, you could have your kids help you on moving day. If they’re old enough, they may be just the extra set of eyes and hands you need. Whatever your decision, be sure to communicate it with your moving company.
Are you in need of a Ramsey County moving company? Give us a call today at 763-559-5934 or contact us online.
If you’re moving soon, it’s important to get in order a few things at the place to where you’re moving. The more you have planned, the smoother things will go. In this blog, we’re going to cover some of the major things you should have prepared at your new home before our team of Minnesota movers arrive.
Before the move, go through your new home and assign each room. It will be easier to collect your thoughts and really plan where you’re going to want things. If you have children, let them choose their rooms before you moving day. You may find it easier to pack when you have an idea of where things are going to end up. You may even consider labeling each room to make it easier for you and your movers to get your belongings to the right location.
While you have our team of movers assisting you, it’s a good idea to get the furniture as close to its final location as possible. We want to make sure the dining room table makes it there and all the beds are in the right bedrooms. This is only possible if you have some planning and preparation done ahead of time. If we get your furniture in the correct room, you can always reorganize later.
The best laid plan is only as good as the person with the plan. It’s important you’re present on the day of your move. We need to be able to communicate and work with you. We’ll need your assistance in getting everything placed in the correct location. We’ll do all the heavy lifting, but we still need your input.
Are you in need of a team of Minnesota movers? Then give us a call today at 763-559-5934 or contact us online.