When you’re moving in Minnesota, there are many details to think about before the arrival of your moving company. Minnesota moves don’t have to be stressful! 1st Choice Movers has some tips to help you get organized and stay organized before your moving company arrives.
The first thing you should think about is the logistics of your move. Does your old Minnesota home have a driveway? Does your new one have a driveway? If so, your Minnesota moving company can park its van there with no hassle or worry about blocking traffic. But if one (or both) of the homes does not, then you have to think of a Plan B. See how much space you have on the street in front of the house that does not have the driveway, and make sure there is plenty of room for the moving company van plus any traffic that needs to drive by. You also want to make sure any walkways are clear of debris so your moving team can easily get in and out of your house.
Take the time to visit your former neighbors to say goodbye and to make sure you return anything you have borrowed from them over the years. Have you had Mr. Smith’s rake for the past year? Now would be a great time to return it – before your moving company arrives. This also gives Mr. Smith the chance to return anything he has borrowed from you over the years! Plus you will get a chance to stand around and chat and reminisce about the years you spent as neighbors. It’s a great way to say goodbye to your former Minnesota neighbors!
1st Choice Movers can help with your Minnesota move. We are a moving company that serves both residential and commercial clients! Call us today at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate.
If you’re a business owner in Carver County, you might be considering a commercial move either now or at some point in the future. 1st Choice Movers has a great team of commercial movers. Carver County business owners have trusted us for years to help them move their business in a quick and timely manner so they spend less time off the clock and more time helping customers. We here at 1st Choice Movers have some tips on how to make your commercial move go smoothly.
The first thing you should do when preparing for your commercial movers is to make sure that everything in your Carver County office is packed and ready to go on moving day. This means you should tell each of your employees that they are responsible for packing up their own work area. You should consider delegating a team to pack up common areas, like the kitchen and copy room.
Be sure you have contacted the relevant utilities, like your electric company, phone and Internet company, etc. to let them know you are moving locations. This should be done at least a few weeks before your commercial movers arrive so everything is already set up at your new offices by the time your furniture and employees arrive at the new location.
On the day your commercial movers arrive, make sure all of your boxes and other items are labeled correctly so your commercial movers know where everything should go at the new office space. Make sure you walk around your old office space before the commercial movers leave to make sure nothing was accidentally left behind or overlooked.
And when you get to your new Carver County office space, make sure you know where every item or piece of furniture is going (or at least have an idea!). This will make life easier for your commercial movers and employees when they have questions.
When your Carver County office is ready to make its move, call 1st Choice Movers at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate!
Are you getting ready to move to a new Ramsey County house or apartment? Are you starting to feel just a bit stressed out about everything you have to do between now and then? 1st Choice Movers, a moving services company serving Ramsey County, has a few tips for you. We provide more than just moving services! Ramsey County and the surrounding areas have benefitted from our packing and unpacking services and the free use of wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap and stretch wrap and more. Here are a few suggestions to help alleviate some of the anxiety that comes with moving day and will help prepare for when your Ramsey County moving services company arrives.
- Take the time to declutter your Ramsey County home. The fewer items you have, the less stuff your moving services company has to move! And that will also help cut back on the amount of money you spend on your moving services company. Separate your items into three piles: keep, donate and throw away. If you’re not sure about an item, set it aside and come back to it in a few days. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used the item in six months, donate it or throw it out (unless it has sentimental value to you or a family member). There are plenty of charities to donate to in Ramsey County.
- When unplugging and packing electronics like your television or computer, label the cords so they are easier to hook up in your new Ramsey County home.
- Put all of your important papers in a lock box and move that box yourself. That way, you know exactly where it is and there is no chance of it getting lost by accident by the moving services you choose.
- Get a moving services binder. Include information about your Ramsey County moving services company, to-do lists, any packing lists, new phone numbers, etc. Keep this with your lock box.
- Color code or label every box. This will help alleviate any confusion your moving services company might have about where boxes go in your Ramsey County home. Even better, put the same color-coded sticker on the room’s door, if possible (without damaging the door’s paint or finish!), so that way there is a visual cue as to where the boxes should go.
- Make sure the walkway or driveway between the moving truck and your Ramsey County home is clear of all debris! This includes both the home you are moving out of and your new one. This will help ensure no one in your family or the moving services company trips over anything and gets injured or drops any of your precious belongings!
- Set aside a bag or two of essential items: a change of clothes or two, some pajamas, and basics like toothpaste and a toothbrush, soap, a roll or two of toilet paper, etc. This will help immediately after the moving services company departs from your Ramsey County home when you are too tired and worn out to go hunting for a comfy pair of PJs to change into.
For all of your moving services needs in Ramsey County and beyond, call 1st Choice Movers at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate.
1st Choice Movers, a professional moving company that serves the Ramsey County area, has a few tips to help you with your moving preparation. If you follow these tips, they will help ensure that your move is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Make sure that all of your desks, dressers, end tables and bookshelves are completely empty. This will help reduce the weight of your furniture and will ensure there is no structural damage to the furniture. (1st Choice Movers will take care of this step for you if you want!)
- Properly disassemble any item of furniture that should be disassembled. Take the time to completely take apart any and all beds, take mirrors off of dressers and take the legs off of tables and pack them so they won’t be damaged. This will help save time and help out your movers.
- 1st Choice Movers provides free wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap and stretch wrap. You can get these from the moving team on your moving day. Wardrobe boxes will help keep your clothing clean and rip-free when it’s time to move.
- Be sure that all driveways and walkways are clear of any snow and ice, and make sure that all hallways are totally clear of debris, furniture and boxes.
- Remember, 1st Choice Movers (and other professional moving companies) are not allowed to move flammable and combustible items like paint, gasoline, etc. Customers should also be prepared to move their own money, jewelry and firearms too.
If you follow these simple tips, you can rest assured that your move will be quick and stress-free. Taking the time and effort to do all of these tasks can help you save money and time on your move, and it will also ensure that the moving team, you and your family are all as safe as possible.
If you would like more information about 1st Choice Movers and the moving services we offer, feel free to give us a call at (763) 599-5934 or request a free estimate online.
Now that Halloween is over, everyone is starting to get into the holiday mindset. Thanksgiving is in a few weeks (so is Hannukah!), and Christmas will be here soon after that. But if you’re planning to move on or around one of these holidays, one of the best movers in Minnesota, 1st Choice Movers, has some tips to make your move go smoothly.
We are licensed and insured and certified with the Better Business Bureau, and we have satisfactory customer reviews. By choosing us, you’ll know you and your possessions are in good hands. We offer free on-site estimates.
Most people like to spend their free time during the holidays with their Minnesota friends and family, and you might be feeling a bit emotional because you’ll be “missing out” on the festivities. But you could always throw a Packing Party! Enlist the help of some close friends and family members and ask them to help you pack and get organized. Provide some yummy holiday-inspired treats and take plenty of breaks so it feels more like a party.
1st Choice Movers, one of Minnesota’s favorite movers, can help you with your Minnesota move. We have all of the equipment and supplies to make your move as safe and stress-free as possible. Give us a call today at (763) 559-5934 or contact us online for a free estimate.