It seems you can never get enough moving tips. Here are some simple things to remember the next time you move to make things easier. If you need movers in St Paul, you can give us a call to make transporting your items from your old place to your new a swift and easy process.
- Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials. Most likely you’ll be too tired to unpack your things, so you’ll want your essentials within easy access, including a change of clothes and toiletries.
- Pack the items you will need first in a clear plastic bin. This can include items like a box cutter, paper towels, trash bags, eating utensils, select cookware, toilet paper, tools, power strips, phone chargers, etc. the clear bin allows you to see inside and also separates it from the myriad of cardboard boxes.
- Wrap breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing or towels to save on bubble wrap. You’re packing two things at once – clothing and kitchenware. Clean socks are great to add extra padding around glasses and stemware.
- Pack plates vertically, like records. They are less likely to break when packed this way.
- Label boxes and mark by room. You want to unpack by room once you get to your new place. This will make the unpacking process much more manageable. So label each box by the room it needs to go to. Also, remember to label the sides of the boxes, rather than the tops. That way, you can identify them even when they are stacked.
- Try to show up at the new home before the move to pre-clean. The main areas you will want to clean will be the bathroom and kitchen. You can put up a shower curtain and stock some bath towels and toilet paper to be ready for moving day.
- Buy a roll of stretch wrap. This will allow you to group items together and protect furniture from getting scuffed and scratched.
- Keep sandwich bags handy. These are great for holding small parts of things you have to take apart, like curtain rods or mounted flat-screen TVs.
- Take a photo of electronics. If you take a photo of how your electronics are connected, you’ll be able to remember how and where all the wires go when you hook them back up.
- Cut down on boxes by making all your baskets, laundry bins, hampers and suitcases work for you. They need to be moved too, so pack them with stuff! Use wheeled suitcases for heavy items like books.
We hope these tips will make your move easier. Keep checking our blog for more moving tips. If you need movers in St Paul, give us a call at 763-559-5934 or contact us to get a Free Estimate.