Relocating a business can be a stressful and overwhelming time. Not only do you have to try to keep your business functioning as usual — helping customers and making sure your employees are able to do their jobs — but you also have to find time to pack, hire a commercial moving company and more. Packing in and of itself can be a full-time job, so we thought we would share some packing tips our commercial moving service serving Anoka County has picked up over the years.
- Get your employees involved. Have them pack their personal belongings and any files or other work-related items they have in their possession. If any of the files are confidential, make sure they are carefully packed in a locked box for added security and peace of mind. Your employees know where everything is, what it is used for and where it should eventually go in your new business location, so that makes them ideal packers.
- For items that are in common rooms, assign a specific employee or team of employees to pack them.
- Have your employees fill out inventory sheets while they are packing. There should be a list of what was packed and where it should go. This is especially helpful for any shelving, file cabinets or anything else that will not fit into a box. That way, there is no confusion about where things go when our commercial moving team starts unloading your truck.
- Make sure every single box is labeled. Have your employees label the boxes with their first and last names, what department they are in or where their new office will be located and what box number it is, i.e. “box 1 of 5.”
- When you hire our commercial moving services, make sure you give us plenty of information about where the boxes and furniture will go in your new location. A map or floor plan would be helpful.
- Make sure you label your office or business furniture as well. That will make it easier for our commercial moving team to put your items in the correct room or area of your new location.
These are only a handful of tips on how to make packing easier for yourself and your employees, but we hope you find them helpful!
If you would like more information on hiring our commercial moving services in Anoka County, call 1st Choice Movers at 763-559-5934, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.